Monday, October 11, 2010

On TV: The Tomte & The Troll on KMOT


The Trolleri Players, (David Braddock and I) shared "The Tomte & The Troll" for the third time at the Norsk Hostfest and in North Dakota schools. This was my tenth year and David's seventh at the festival, and though I feel I'm an old hand at it now, this was my first year traveling with a baby. My seven-month-old son, Ennis, was fantastic! (Worthy of his own tv spot, really.) While David and I performed for hundreds of elementary students, my sister, Abbey, entertained the little guy. While I walked the festival on stilts as Alfhilde the Tree Spirit, or as Tomte Kajsa the Good Elf, Abbey and Ennis looked at the booths and listened to traditional Scandinavian music (and not-so-traditional country music, which the festival is also known for--this year included Alan Jackson and Vince Gill as big ticket entertainers, as well as the Temptations).

KMOT, the North Dakota NBC affiliate station filmed our program at Longfellow Elementary School. You can also read about it here.

The Tomte & The Troll:
Tomtes and Trolls are as old as the dawn of Scandinavia… and they are sworn enemies. So how is it possible that Tomte Kajsa and Thorkelson D. Troll are friends?

Hear the stories, straight from the fairytale characters themselves; stories that will amuse you, bring you closer to your heritage, and maybe even save your life! Kajsa and Thorkelson will tell you all you ever needed to know to outsmart a hungry troll, and take you back to ancient beliefs of Sweden and Norway on a charming, enchanted adventure.

1 comment:

Holly Beaster said...

fun stuff! great job on the TV spot!